Dropbox Founder & CEO Drew Houston to Keynote the State of the Net
We are pleased to announce that Dropbox Founder and CEO Drew Houston will keynote the 10th Annual State of the Net Conference on Tuesday, January 28, 2014 at its new location, The Newseum. We will be announcing additional speakers, keynotes and panels in the coming weeks. Register now to make sure you save your spot as tickets may be limited. The Early Bird discount expires shortly.
Drew Houston founded Dropbox with fellow MIT graduate Arash Ferdowsi out of frustration of forgetting USB thumb drives. Today, more than 200 million people and 4 million businesses, such as BCBG, Kayak, National Geographic, Rockstar Energy Drink, and Sur La Table, use Dropbox to store, access and share their important information, including photos, videos and documents.
Register Now! Early Bird and Discounted Tickets are available for the moment.
The 2014 State of the Net will frame the issues for the next session of Congress. Topics may include:
- The newly comprised Federal Communications Commission
- The Open Internet Order court decision
- The Patent Wars Spilling onto Main Street
- Rewriting TV video rules for the Internet age
- Revising or rewriting copyright law
- NSA electronic surveillance
- Collecting Internet sales taxes
- Challenges to ISP intermediary liability
- Commercial privacy legislation including Do Not Track / Intl Data Flows / Data Brokers
- Securing the cyber infrastructure
- Internet innovation and economics
- How the Internet is disrupting currency: Bitcoin and virtual payment systems
- Global Internet governance, and many more …
If you are interested in sponsoring or providing in-kind donations for this event, please call 202-407-8828 or email Tim Lordan at [email protected] for more information.
hosted by the Internet Education Foundation
1634 I Street NW – Suite 1100 – Washington, DC 20006
Find us on Twitter