Every year the State of the Net Conference happens in late January. Leading up to the conference involves an intense period of time requiring extra hands skilled in policy analysis, event planning and marketing/communications. If you are free to help organize and execute this conference during the months of November, December and/or January, please apply to be a State of the Net Fellow.
SOTN Fellows will have immediate responsibilities including event planning, website and database management, email marketing, content creation, and policy research. Policy interns will communicate directly with key people at the highest levels of Internet policy. It’s a networking-intensive, and rewarding, job.
This is a paid position!
Responsibilities May Include:
- Coordinating with conference speakers on panel topics and themes.
- Manage email marketing (iContact/Mailchimp) and organizational database (Salesforce)
- Maintain and create content for organizational websites (Wordpress)
- Contribute to social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, podcasts)
- Outreach to tech policy experts for panels and briefings
- Manage multimedia for events including live-streaming, live-tweeting and photography
- Contribute to communications strategy and media outreach/relations, monitoring press coverage
- Conduct research and brief Executive Director on current tech policy issues and trends
- Prior experience with WordPress, email marketing, and social media marketing is helpful but not required
- Bonus Skills: Salesforce, Adobe Creative Suite, and HTML/CSS
- Quick learning and a sense of humor
Submit your resume to [email protected]
The Internet Education Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization. For 20 years the Internet Education Foundation has been building the most prominent platforms for engagement. The Internet Education Foundation (IEF) hosts four major projects under its umbrella: The Congressional Internet Caucus Advisory Committee, the State of the Net Conference Series, The Congressional App Challenge, and the Internet Law & Policy Foundry. Interns will work within any or all of these dynamic projects.