One Week Until The 7th Annual State of the Net Wireless Conference
Here’s a preview of what’s in store for next Monday. Be on the lookout for the complete agenda coming soon.
Monday, April 20, 2015 from 2 PM to 7 PM
The Newseum’s Knight Conference Center
555 Pennsylvania Ave Northwest
Washington, DC 20001
State of the Net Wireless At-a-Glance
A Fireside Chat with Travis LeBlanc
Chief of the Bureau of Enforcement at the Federal Communications Commission, the Commission’s largest unit, LeBlanc oversees the enforcement of all FCC rules, orders, authorizations, and provisions of the Communications Act. With increasingly complex technological opportunities and challenges, how does the FCC stay up-to-date across a broad range of enforcement responsibilities?
Keynote Conversation with Craig Moffett
Perhaps the most respected researcher in the telecommunications and cable industries, Moffett is consistently ranked as the top analyst for both the U.S. Telecom and Cable & Satellite sectors. Will those cord-cutting millennials destroy the cable industry? What do new Wi-Fi-based plans and trends in mobile mean for telecom? Learn what Moffett thinks rapidly evolving technology could mean for these established industries and policymakers.
Cord Cutting: What’s Making Waves in Mobile
Executives from some of the most innovative companies utilizing wireless technologies and the author of Pew Research Center’s 2015 report on U.S. smartphone usage discuss what’s making waves in wireless. Featuring:
- Chris Cunningham, Head of US Mobile, ironSource
- Gil Elbaz, Founder and CEO, Factual (Bio)
- Martin Price, Vice President, Product Management, OpenX (Bio)
- Aaron Smith, Senior Researcher, Pew Research Center (Bio)
The Government’s Top Technologists Discuss Their Roles in Decision Making
With the rapid speed of innovation in America it’s nearly impossible for policymakers to keep pace. Meet the U.S. government’s top technologists tasked with keeping policymakers up-to-speed on the latest advances and learn how they are making it cool to be a geek in Washington. Featuring:
- Leonard Bailey, Special Counsel for National Security, Computer Crime & Intellectual Property Section, U.S. Department of Justice (Bio)
- Scott Jordan, CTO, Federal Communication Commission (invited)(Bio)
- Ashkan Soltani, CTO, Federal Trade Commission (Bio)